Time To Pray

God's Message

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't take time to pray.

Problems just tumbling about me -
And heavier each task :
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered : "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty -
But the day toiled on, gray and bleak:
I wondered why God didn't show me,
He said : "But you didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence
I used all my keys at the lock;
God gently and lovingly chided:
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time and pray.

--
Sincerely,
Abhijit





See the rest of my blog in the archives.

March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006