New Turban Style :o)
Fateh Jee,

I needed to get my US Visa renewed for an upcoming official trip to San Jose, CA and had an interview lined up at the American Embassy for 12:30 noon yesterday (Monday).
Since morning I was trying to practice this new style of turban that I really want to change to..Had downloaded the turban tying videos from the sikhnet.com website earlier. So,.. after say, about 7-8 attempts, I almost got the shape right... It wasn't tidy though.. But still, I liked it!.. so decided to wear the new style for the whole day,.. for the visa interview too.
On reachin the embassy, I had a hard time trying to convince the interviewer that the picture on the application form (in which i have my beard tied up) "is less than 6 months old".. as per instructions mentioned on their website!..lol
But all ended well.. they believed me :)..after 3 hours of standing in the queue and completing formalities, and being interviewed, I was told that the visa has been approved and would be couriered to be!! (10 years multiple entry - Yippiee :o) !!!)

Before my going for the interview, mom took a photograph of me in the gol style turban... and here's what the camera caught :)...




--
While returnin from the embassy & walking back to the parking lot... saw this nice little quote on the "thought for the day board" of a convent..so thought will share it:

"IF YOU PAUSE TO THINK, YOU'LL HAVE CAUSE TO THANK"


Waheguru Tera Shukar Hai!
--
Abhi




See the rest of my blog in the archives.

March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006